Treatment remains an important pillar to many drug strategies across Ontario with shared goals of:
- Improving the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual health of people who use or have used substances
- Improving the quality of life of families, neighbourhoods, and communities affected by substance use
- Reducing the barriers that prevent people from becoming engaged in care
- Increasing the number of people who access treatment
- Expanding treatment programs; and
- Building community capacity to provide addiction services- working with FHTs, physicians, pharmacists
There are many kinds of treatment available for people wanting to address their substance use.
Fourcast (Four Counties Addiction Services Team) is the main service provider this three-county region and offers many types of services. Community-based withdrawal management allows for a person to stay at home and go through withdrawal in a managed and safe way. They also offer Hospital to Home services and have specific opioid case management services, as well as group supports. Other supportive services in the region include Narcotics Anonymous and Alcoholics Anonymous.
To learn more about the treatment and substance use services nearest you, click here.